DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Lenovo profit boosted by smartphones, tablets
Lenovo Group said its quarterly profit rose by 28 per cent as sales of smartphones and tablets surged but warned ths
Beijing: Personal computer maker Lenovo Group today said its quarterly profit rose by 28 per cent as sales of smartphones and tablets surged but warned this year's market conditions will be tough.
Lenovo said, it earned $205 million in the three months ending in December. Global revenue rose 12 per cent to USD 9.4 billion.
Reflecting shifting customer tastes, Lenovo said revenue for its mobile and digital home unit soared 77 per cent to USD 998 million on strong sales of smartphones and tablet computers. Revenue in the bigger but slower-growing PC market rose 7 percent to USD 7.9 billion.
Lenovo warned that PC demand "remains challenging" due to weakening global economic conditions but said it plans to expand its cloud services and other businesses.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Batting At 4 Won't Affect CT Preparation: Rohit
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?