Leonardo DiCaprio buys the piano used in 'Casablanca'
The piano went under the hammer at Sotheby's in New York for USD 600,000.
New York: Hollywood star Leonardo DiCaprio is the co-owner of the piano used in the classic movie 'Casablanca' after he teamed up with a billionaire friend to buy the memorable item. The instrument was used by actor Dooley Wilson in the 1942 movie as he performed on the famous song 'As Time Goes By'.
The piano went under the hammer at Sotheby's in New York for USD 600,000. The 'Titanic' star was a part of the duo which made the private winning bid, reported New York Daily News.
DiCaprio and businessman friend Stewart Rahr are now planning to donate the piano to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
Experts had predicted the studio piece would fetch as much as USD 1.2 million at Friday's sale.
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Has India Changed The Rules Of Engagement With Pakistan On The LoC ?
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Nitish Kumar congratulates PM Modi, Indian Army for surgical strike across LoC - Pradesh18