Leonardo DiCaprio buys the piano used in 'Casablanca'
The piano went under the hammer at Sotheby's in New York for USD 600,000.
New York: Hollywood star Leonardo DiCaprio is the co-owner of the piano used in the classic movie 'Casablanca' after he teamed up with a billionaire friend to buy the memorable item. The instrument was used by actor Dooley Wilson in the 1942 movie as he performed on the famous song 'As Time Goes By'.
The piano went under the hammer at Sotheby's in New York for USD 600,000. The 'Titanic' star was a part of the duo which made the private winning bid, reported New York Daily News.
DiCaprio and businessman friend Stewart Rahr are now planning to donate the piano to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
Experts had predicted the studio piece would fetch as much as USD 1.2 million at Friday's sale.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right