DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Leonardo DiCaprio buys the piano used in 'Casablanca'
The piano went under the hammer at Sotheby's in New York for USD 600,000.
New York: Hollywood star Leonardo DiCaprio is the co-owner of the piano used in the classic movie 'Casablanca' after he teamed up with a billionaire friend to buy the memorable item. The instrument was used by actor Dooley Wilson in the 1942 movie as he performed on the famous song 'As Time Goes By'.
The piano went under the hammer at Sotheby's in New York for USD 600,000. The 'Titanic' star was a part of the duo which made the private winning bid, reported New York Daily News.
DiCaprio and businessman friend Stewart Rahr are now planning to donate the piano to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
Experts had predicted the studio piece would fetch as much as USD 1.2 million at Friday's sale.
Recommended For You
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO