Les Miserables: Hathaway wanted to bleed on cam
Anne Hathaway begged her hairdresser to cut her scalp during a dramatic hair-cutting scene in 'Les Miserables'.
London: Actress Anne Hathaway begged her hairdresser to cut her scalp during a dramatic hair-cutting scene in new movie musical 'Les Miserables', according to her co-star Hugh Jackman.
In the upcoming adaptation of the hit stage show, Hathaway plays Fantine, an impoverished mother who is forced to chop and sell her long locks to provide for her daughter. Jackman, who stars as Jean Valjean, said Hathaway was so
devoted to nailing the emotional scene, she brought her own hairstylist to the shoot and asked him to slice her scalp open as they filmed, reported Contactmusic.
"They were in the make-up trailer discussing how they were going to do it because they had to cut it live on camera and she said, 'If you cut my head while you are doing it that would be great - to get the blood in the scene.
"The stylist had to wear a dress to pretend to be a woman. You don't see his face, but if you look closely you can see this man hands holding the scissors," he said.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology