Les Miserables: Hathaway wanted to bleed on cam
Anne Hathaway begged her hairdresser to cut her scalp during a dramatic hair-cutting scene in 'Les Miserables'.
London: Actress Anne Hathaway begged her hairdresser to cut her scalp during a dramatic hair-cutting scene in new movie musical 'Les Miserables', according to her co-star Hugh Jackman.
In the upcoming adaptation of the hit stage show, Hathaway plays Fantine, an impoverished mother who is forced to chop and sell her long locks to provide for her daughter. Jackman, who stars as Jean Valjean, said Hathaway was so
devoted to nailing the emotional scene, she brought her own hairstylist to the shoot and asked him to slice her scalp open as they filmed, reported Contactmusic.
"They were in the make-up trailer discussing how they were going to do it because they had to cut it live on camera and she said, 'If you cut my head while you are doing it that would be great - to get the blood in the scene.
"The stylist had to wear a dress to pretend to be a woman. You don't see his face, but if you look closely you can see this man hands holding the scissors," he said.
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Grandmother of Captured Indian Soldier Chandu Babulal Chavan Dies of Shock
- India Shouldn't Unilaterally Scrap Indus Waters Treaty: Medha Patkar
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC