Gujarat: IB issues possible LeT terror alert
A specific input from the Intelligence Bureau indicated that six terrorists from the LeT are likely to target Ahmedabad and Jamnagar.
New Delhi: The Intelligence Bureau has issued an alert of a possible terror strike in Gujarat. A specific input from the Intelligence Bureau indicated that six terrorists from the Lashkar-e-Taiba are likely to target Ahmedabad and Jamnagar.
Police on Saturday searched residential areas around major petroleum refiners in the Jamnagar city, and released photographs of six suspected LeT terrorists.
Coast Guard has beefed up the security along the Jamangar coast with the help of local police. The police have also put up posters featuring the six suspects in the areas around the refineries.
Intelligence inputs from central agencies, received by the state police on Fiday, said there was a specific threat of terrorist strike in Jamangar and Ahmedabad.
Jamnagar houses major oil refineries of Reliance and Essar, apart from oil pipelines of state-run oil companies.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle