LeT threatens to strike at Vaishno Devi
The email was received by a hotelier on November 24 threatening to target the shrine to avenge the Kasab hanging.
Jammu: An email threatening to target the cave shrine of Vaishno Devi was purportedly sent by the banned terror outfit Lashker-e-Toiba to a hotelier in Katra to avenge the execution of 26/11 terror attack convict Ajmal Kasab, police said on Monday.
The email was received by AH Bhat, a hotelier of Devi Grand hotel, on November 24 threatening to target the shrine to avenge the hanging of Kasab, a senior police officer said on Monday night. "Investigation is going on...We cannot rule out either of the two angles to it, one hoax, the other threat from the terror outfit," the officer said. "We cannot deliberate on the issue further since preliminary investigation into the matter is going on," he added.
Police have seized the computer and other equipments on which the email had been sent. Efforts are on to decode the email, police said. DIG, Udhampur-Reasi, Jagjeet Kumar and other senior officials of central agencies visited Katra and reviewed the security arrangements there.
Meanwhile, an alert has been sounded in the region with additional security being put in place. Police have intensified frisking people, checking of vehicles and keeping an eye on suspected movements. The email could be a prank by some anti-national elements but no chances can be taken, the senior police official said.
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- Need to Create Pressure for Longer Spells, Says NZ Coach Mike Hesson
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead
- Mouni Roy's Vacation Photos Will Give You Serious Travel Goals
- Xiaomi Mi 5S Might Get Snapdragon 821, 2K Display and 4GB RAM