LG reveals reason behind no LTE connectivity in Nexus 4
The inclusion of an LTE chip has led many to believe that the handset could run on the LTE network in the future.
New Delhi: Over the past few days, the Internet has been abuzz with the news the LG manufactured Nexus 4 does indeed have an LTE chip. This was revealed when a stock Nexus 4 received a teardown treatment. This chip is actually redundant and in a response to TechRadar, an LG spokesperson has stated the reason for it being included in the handset.
The inclusion of an LTE chip has led many to believe that the handset could run on the LTE network in the future, but LG has stated that this could not be the case.
LG states, "In order to provide the best possible specification for Nexus 4, LG utilized the same powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset as can be found in its 4G LTE product, namely LG Optimus G. This powerful chipset is only available with a combined processor and modem and cannot be implemented separately. The modem contains 4G LTE capabilities but is only effective when combined with other essential hardware parts such as a signal amplifier and filter in order for it to work. It therefore cannot be upgraded to 4G LTE capability through software."
The spokesperson went on state, "With the inclusion of the Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset, Nexus 4 therefore offers the same amazing processing performance as LG Optimus G but for the 3G market."
However, what may come as a mystery is that there are reports floating around claiming that few people have managed to connect to an LTE network without the hardware that is expected to make this option work using tweaks.
To read more visit: www.tech2.com
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor
- Rishi, Neetu and Riddhima Post Messages For Ranbir Kapoor On His Birthday
- Narrow Escape From Electric Shock For Rahul Gandhi in Agra
- PM Modi Understands Pain of Our People: Baloch leader
- India Should Start Talks with Pakistan: Sitaram Yechury
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar