DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
LG smartphones to get Android 4.0 ICS
The global upgrade schedule will begin in the second and third quarters of 2012.
New Delhi: After HTC, Motorola and Samsung, LG has now announced to offer the Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) OS upgrade for a range of LG smartphones which were introduced this year.
According to a post on the LG Mobile Facebook page, "The global upgrade schedule will begin in the second and third quarters of 2012, which will be followed by a global roll out."
The upgrades will begin during the second quarter of 2012 with a few smartphone models: the LG Optimus LTE, Prada phone by LG 3.0, the LG Optimus 2X, the LG Optimus Sol, the LG my Touch Q and the LG Eclipse.
Following this, other smartphones including the LG Optimus 3D, the LG Optimus Black, the LG Optimus Big, the LG Optimus Q2 and the LG Optimus EX will receive upgrades during the third quarter of 2012.
The company, in the post, further said, "We will be taking all possible measure to offer a smooth OS upgrade in a timely manner. The exact start dates can vary by market, as each country can have different requirements, depending on the carrier and the smartphone model."
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Andy Murray Struggles With Illness on French Open Eve: Reports
- Champions Trophy: No Room for Mistakes, Says Kane Williamson
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere