Li beats Kerber at WTA Championships in Istanbul
Li Na defeated Angelique Kerber of Germany 6-4, 6-3 to retain a slim chance of advancing at the WTA Championships.
Istanbul: Li Na defeated Angelique Kerber of Germany 6-4, 6-3 on Thursday to retain a slim chance of advancing at the WTA Championships. Li's first win in two round-robin matches means she can still reach the semifinals, depending on other results in her Red Group.
The fifth-ranked Kerber, making her first appearance in the season finale, bowed out after losing all three of her matches. She played more than three hours on Wednesday night in a three-set loss to No. 1 Victoria Azarenka.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show