DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Li beats Kerber at WTA Championships in Istanbul
Li Na defeated Angelique Kerber of Germany 6-4, 6-3 to retain a slim chance of advancing at the WTA Championships.
Istanbul: Li Na defeated Angelique Kerber of Germany 6-4, 6-3 on Thursday to retain a slim chance of advancing at the WTA Championships. Li's first win in two round-robin matches means she can still reach the semifinals, depending on other results in her Red Group.
The fifth-ranked Kerber, making her first appearance in the season finale, bowed out after losing all three of her matches. She played more than three hours on Wednesday night in a three-set loss to No. 1 Victoria Azarenka.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Prabhas-Anushka Shetty's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO