DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Li Xuerui, Chen Long win Super Series Finals titles
Li Xuerui and Chen Long won their respective badminton finals at the BWF World Super Series Finals here Sunday.
Shenzhen: Chinese medal winners at the London Olympics Li Xuerui and Chen Long won their respective badminton finals at the $500,000 BWF World Super Series Finals here Sunday.
Top seed and Olympic champion Li, who beat Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal in the semifinals, won the women's singles title against compatriot third seed Shixian Wang 21-9, 15-4 (retired) in 27 minutes to bag the title and 11,000 ranking points which will propel her to World No.1 when the rankings are released next Thursday.
Second seed and Olympic bronze medallist Chen won the all-Chinese men's final beating Pengyu Du 21-12, 21-13 in 39 minutes.
In the men's doubles, Danish unseeded pair of Mathias Boe and Carsten Mogensen beat Japanese second seeds Hiroyuki Endo and Kenichi Hayakawa 21-17, 21-19 while Chinese fourth seeds Xiaoli Wang and Yang Yu beat unseeded Danes Christinna Pedersen and Kamilla Rytter Juhl 21-16, 21-14 in the women's doubles.
The mixed doubles title was clinched by Joachim Fischer Nielsen and Christinna Pedersen of Denmark who upset Chinese fourth seeds Nan Zhang and Yunlei Zhao 17-21, 21-12, 21-14 in one hour and nine minutes.
Recommended For You
- Kohli, Dhoni Headline Premiere of Sachin - A Billion Dreams
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish