Li Xuerui, Chen Long win Super Series Finals titles
Li Xuerui and Chen Long won their respective badminton finals at the BWF World Super Series Finals here Sunday.
Shenzhen: Chinese medal winners at the London Olympics Li Xuerui and Chen Long won their respective badminton finals at the $500,000 BWF World Super Series Finals here Sunday.
Top seed and Olympic champion Li, who beat Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal in the semifinals, won the women's singles title against compatriot third seed Shixian Wang 21-9, 15-4 (retired) in 27 minutes to bag the title and 11,000 ranking points which will propel her to World No.1 when the rankings are released next Thursday.
Second seed and Olympic bronze medallist Chen won the all-Chinese men's final beating Pengyu Du 21-12, 21-13 in 39 minutes.
In the men's doubles, Danish unseeded pair of Mathias Boe and Carsten Mogensen beat Japanese second seeds Hiroyuki Endo and Kenichi Hayakawa 21-17, 21-19 while Chinese fourth seeds Xiaoli Wang and Yang Yu beat unseeded Danes Christinna Pedersen and Kamilla Rytter Juhl 21-16, 21-14 in the women's doubles.
The mixed doubles title was clinched by Joachim Fischer Nielsen and Christinna Pedersen of Denmark who upset Chinese fourth seeds Nan Zhang and Yunlei Zhao 17-21, 21-12, 21-14 in one hour and nine minutes.
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 2 in Abu Dhabi
- Pakistan Likely to Announce Name of New Army Chief in a Week
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- Schizophrenia Can't be Ground for Halting Death Penalty, Says Pakistan SC Citing Indian Judgment
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- 90% Apple Lightning-to-USB Cables Sold on Amazon, Groupon Are Fake