'Life of Pi' earns Rs 3.49 cr on the opening day
Ang Lee's 'Life of Pi' revolves around a teenager who is the only survivor of a shipwreck.
New Delhi: Acclaimed director Ang Lee's latest offering 'Life of Pi' has done a good business in India on its opening day. As per trade analyst Taran Adarsh, the film has done good business on its paid previews and regular shows. Taran Adarsh tweets, "LifeOfPi Thu previews + Fri 3.49 cr nett. Includes Hindi + English + Tamil + Telugu versions."
This is a good achievement for any foreign film in India because several Bollywood films fail to earn this much money on the opening day.
Ang Lee's 'Life of Pi' revolves around a teenager who is the only survivor of a shipwreck. It was one of the most anticipated films of the year in the west and the makers decided to go big with the promotions in India as well because many Indian actors were featured in it. Further India plays an important part in Yann Martel's story 'Life of Pi', on which the film is based.
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18