'Life of Pi' earns Rs 3.49 cr on the opening day
Ang Lee's 'Life of Pi' revolves around a teenager who is the only survivor of a shipwreck.
New Delhi: Acclaimed director Ang Lee's latest offering 'Life of Pi' has done a good business in India on its opening day. As per trade analyst Taran Adarsh, the film has done good business on its paid previews and regular shows. Taran Adarsh tweets, "LifeOfPi Thu previews + Fri 3.49 cr nett. Includes Hindi + English + Tamil + Telugu versions."
This is a good achievement for any foreign film in India because several Bollywood films fail to earn this much money on the opening day.
Ang Lee's 'Life of Pi' revolves around a teenager who is the only survivor of a shipwreck. It was one of the most anticipated films of the year in the west and the makers decided to go big with the promotions in India as well because many Indian actors were featured in it. Further India plays an important part in Yann Martel's story 'Life of Pi', on which the film is based.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1