'Life of Pi' actor Suraj Sharma allowed to take exams
Earlier, the college authorities had maintained that Suraj failed to submit assignments in lieu of classes that he had missed.
New Delhi: Delhi University's St Stephen's college has allowed 'Life of Pi' actor Suraj Sharma to write exams. Sharma, a first-year student of Philosophy at Delhi University's St Stephen's College, was denied permission to appear in his first year semester exams.
St Stephen's College Principal Valson Thampu said, "I have cleared Suraj's case as it was only a question of meeting the requirements for the exam. It is anathema for St Stephen's College to create hurdles for any young person. Rather we would walk the extra mile for our students without leaving the college behind."
Earlier, the college authorities maintained that Suraj Sharma has been barred from writing the exam after he failed to submit assignments in lieu of classes that he had missed. College Principal Valson Thampu claims that Suraj had not submitted any assignment. St Stephen's has now given Suraj Sharma time till Thursday evening to complete his assignments.
Earlier, India's U-19 cricket team captain Unmukt Chand had also run into trouble with St Stephen's authorities due to poor attendance. He was later allowed to sit for the exams.
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: South Korea Strengthen Semifinal Claim With 5-3 Win Over China
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- I'm a Gujarati at Heart, Says President Pranab Mukherjee