'Life of Pi' actor Suraj Sharma allowed to take exams
Earlier, the college authorities had maintained that Suraj failed to submit assignments in lieu of classes that he had missed.
New Delhi: Delhi University's St Stephen's college has allowed 'Life of Pi' actor Suraj Sharma to write exams. Sharma, a first-year student of Philosophy at Delhi University's St Stephen's College, was denied permission to appear in his first year semester exams.
St Stephen's College Principal Valson Thampu said, "I have cleared Suraj's case as it was only a question of meeting the requirements for the exam. It is anathema for St Stephen's College to create hurdles for any young person. Rather we would walk the extra mile for our students without leaving the college behind."
Earlier, the college authorities maintained that Suraj Sharma has been barred from writing the exam after he failed to submit assignments in lieu of classes that he had missed. College Principal Valson Thampu claims that Suraj had not submitted any assignment. St Stephen's has now given Suraj Sharma time till Thursday evening to complete his assignments.
Earlier, India's U-19 cricket team captain Unmukt Chand had also run into trouble with St Stephen's authorities due to poor attendance. He was later allowed to sit for the exams.
- India's Uri Payback, Pulls Out of Saarc, Has Saarc Itself Become Meaningless?
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- Talk and Terror Can't Go Together: MEA
- Shoe Hurled at Rahul Gandhi in UP; He Blames BJP, RSS
- Jordanian Writer Assassinated Over Controversial Cartoon
- Rahul Gandhi Visits Places of All Faiths in UP
- PM Modi Least Bothered About People, Says Rahul Gandhi