Life of Pi: Suraj Sharma misses premieres for exams
Suraj Sharma, who made his acting debut with Ang Lee's 'Life of PI', is not being able to promote the film.
Panaji: Delhi boy Suraj Sharma, who made his acting debut with Ang Lee's 'Life of PI', is not being able to promote the film and attend premieres because of his college exams.
The movie which made its Asia premiere at the International Film Festival of India here last night, is also having its premiere in the US today. It hits the Indian screens on November 23. Suraj plays protagonist Pi in the movie, which is based on Yann Martel's novel of the same name.
"He is writing his college exams so could not be here," casting director of the film, Avy Kaufman told PTI. Kaufman said she was sure about Suraj playing Pi when she first saw him.
"I auditioned more than 3000 boys for Suraj's role and I could tell he understood who Pi was. I didn't have a doubt, I knew he would be able to tell the story that needs to be told," Kaufman said. Rest of the cast including Tabu and Irrfan Khan were present here for the premiere.
Kaufman says Tabu, who plays Pi's mother in the film, and Irrfan, the older Pi, were first choice. "I did my research and Irrfan and Tabu are the only two people whom I introduced to Ang Lee and I didn't audition for those two roles," she added.
The film was screed at IFFI to a packed house. Director Ang Lee wasn't present here as he is promoting the film in New York
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Live: No End to Samajwadi Party Crisis, Old Guard Meet CM Akhilesh
- SP Old Guard Meet Akhilesh Yadav, Bid to Defuse 'Explosive' Situation
- Samajwadi Party Expels MLC Udayveer Singh, Mulayam Upset With Akhilesh
From Our Network
- Rising MNS is bad news for Shiv Sena: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil agitation helped BJP to counter its bitter ally- FirstPost
- Ramdev pegs 200% growth for Patanjali this year; promises big ticket investment in Madhya Pradesh - Pradesh18
- CM Nitish Kumar wishes speedy recovery to injured Mamata Banerjee’s nephew - Pradesh18