Lifters pick up two medals on opening day of Asian C'ships
Indian weightlifters bagged a silver and a bronze medal on the opening day of the 20th Women and 27th Men's Asian Junior Championships.
New Delhi: Indian weightlifters began their campaign on a positive note bagging a silver and a bronze medal on the opening day of the 20th Women and 27th Men's Asian Junior Championships being held at Bishkek, Krygyzstan.
The silver came through women with Saikhom Mirabai Chanu finishing second in the 48kg division by lifting a total of 165kg.
The bronze was clinched by Apurba Chetia in the 56kg category. Even though Chetia's Snatch lift was the same as the eventual silver-medallist, he had to settle for silver on the account of his heavier body weight. He lifted a total of 230kg.
India is being represented by a 13-strong team in the event consisting of six men and seven women.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology