Light rains, breeze bring back winter chill in capital
On Tuesday, the maximum temperature was recorded at 18.7 degree Celsius, down from Monday's 27.7 degree Celsius and 4 degrees below normal.
New Delhi: Light rains and breeze brought back winter chill to the national capital on Tuesday with day temperature falling by nine degree Celsius from the previous day. The capital had been experiencing relatively warmer days in the past couple of days.
On Tuesday, the maximum temperature was recorded at 18.7 degree Celsius, down from Monday's 27.7 degree Celsius and four degrees below normal for this time of the year. The minimum, however, rose to 11.5 deg C from yesterday's 9.4 deg C.
Though the day began on a warm note with minimum at three degrees above normal, light rains and breeze brought down day temperature. The city's rain gauges recorded two mm of rains between 8:30 am and 5:30 pm. The morning skies could be foggy on Wednesday, the Weatherman warned.
"The sky will remain partly cloudy tomorrow as well and the maximum and minimum temperature may be recorded at around 21 deg C and 11 deg C respectively," the MeT department said.
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Shoe Hurled at Rahul Gandhi in UP; He Blames BJP, RSS
- Jordanian Writer Assassinated Over Controversial Cartoon
- Rahul Gandhi Visits Places of All Faiths in UP
- India's Uri Payback, Pulls Out of Saarc, Has Saarc Itself Become Meaningless?
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif