Limca Book of Records adds more records
As many as 6,000 new records have been recorded in the latest edition of the Limca Book of Records.
New Delhi: As many as 6,000 new records, of a total of 10,000, have been recorded in the latest edition of the Limca Book of Records, the Indian equivalent of the Guinness Book of World Records.
Started in 1990, this is the 18th edition of the book that covers 21 chapters including education, business, cinema, sports and adventure. A new chapter on photography has been included in the latest edition.
Five personalities, which include music maestro A R Rahman, social worker for the blind George Abraham, woman boxer M C Marykom, cardiologist Devi Prasad Shetty and tennis player Mahesh Bhupati, have been awarded the title 'People of the Year' in the book.
Chewang Norphel, working on water conservation in Ladakh and Kum Kum Ghosh, chairperson of Mobile Creches, an NGO for children of immigrant workers, have also gone down in the records for their work for the betterment of the community.
Rahman, Abraham, Marykom, Norphel and Ghosh attended the special felicitation ceremony held in the capital Tuesday.
"Limca Book of Records is the Indian equivalent of the Guinness Book of World Records and when it highlights a person, it's really very inspiring. Until my name appeared in it for my stamp collection, I was taking it casually. But when accolades started pouring from everywhere, I started taking my collection more seriously," said a record holder, Anuradha Gupta who featured in the book in 1993 for her stamp collection.
Looking at the popularity of the book, it has now been decided to translate it into Hindi and other regional languages.
"Come 2008 and we will release the first Limca Book of Records in Hindi. We are also in the process of translating it into a few regional languages," said Viraj Chauhan, an official of Coca-Cola India, which brings out this annual publication.
The scope of the Nature section of the book will also be broadened to include Nature and Environment in 2008.
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: Andhra Turn Tables on J&K; Himachal Force a Draw Against Tripura
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K