Lindsay Lohan released on bail
The actress was set free within hours after posting a $75,000 bail
London: Troubled actress Lindsay Lohan who was sentenced to 120 days in jail for violating her probation was set free within hours after posting a $75,000 bail.
The Mean Girls star, who is on parole for a 2007 DUI charge, is facing trial over allegations she stole a $2,500 necklace from California jewellery store Kamofie & Co. She was subsequently charged with felony theft.
Lohan appeared at Los Angeles Superior Court for a preliminary hearing on Friday. Judge Stephanie Sautner reduced the count to a misdemeanour, to which the actress pleaded not guilty.
However, Judge Sautner decided the accusation amounted to a parole violation and ordered Lohan to serve 120 days in jail - her fourth stint behind bars.
The actress's lawyer, Shawn Holley, had earlier filed a motion for complete dismissal of the case, but the request was rejected. She moved for an appeal immediately after sentencing, paving the way for the troubled star to be bailed.
Lohan was booked into Lynwood Correctional Facility late on Friday, but the 24-year-old was a free woman again just five hours later when a bondsman posted her $75,000 bail.
The actress will return to court on May 11 for a pretrial hearing and the trial will kick off June 3.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology