Lindsay turns down plea deal in necklace theft
Her case will now go for a trial
Troubled actress Lindsay Lohan has reportedly rejected a plea deal and her felony grand theft case will now go to trial.
Lohan will now face trial after she turned down the chance to plead guilty or no-contest in exchange for a reduced sentence in the case, according to reports. The 24-year-old star has been charged over the alleged theft of a $2,500 necklace from an upmarket Californian jewellery boutique.
Lohan, currently on probation stemming from a 2007 driving under the influence conviction, will next appear in court for a preliminary hearing April 22, with Judge Stephanie Sautner, who is described as "tough but fair", presiding over proceedings, reports contactmusic.com.
Earlier this week, Lindsay's mother Dina Lohan said her daughter, who has always maintained she was loaned the necklace in exchange for publicity, was seriously considering pleading no-contest and accepting the deal as she wanted to "get it over with".
Recommended For You
- Engineer Questions Nature of Pune Pitch, Slams Batsmen
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- Steve O'Keefe Hailed As 'Superhero' by Australian Media