DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
LinkedIn shares soar after stellar results
Shares of LinkedIn climbed nearly 21 per cent in midday trading on Friday.
New Delhi: Shares of LinkedIn climbed nearly 21 per cent in midday trading on Friday on results that beat analysts' estimates for the seventh quarter in a row.
The social networking website for professionals reported on Thursday an 81 per cent increase in fourth-quarter revenue and raised its forecast for the current first quarter.
Several research firms raised their price targets for the company.
"If execution continues, we struggle to see how margin expansion can't approach (and possibly exceed) 2012 levels," wrote Macquarie analyst Tom White in a note to investors.
White raised his forecast for 2013 adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization margin to 25.4 per cent from 24.7 per cent.
In contrast to widely watched consumer Internet companies like Facebook Inc, Groupon Inc and Zynga Inc, all of which went public not too long ago, LinkedIn continues to trade well above its debut price of $45.
LinkedIn was co-founded in 2002 by Reid Hoffman, who serves as the company's executive chairman. His stake in LinkedIn is now worth about $2.6 billion, according to company filings.
Shares of the company were up 20.9 per cent at $150.00 on the New York Stock Exchange in early afternoon.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017