DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Liquor ad earns Mohanlal public wrath
Malayalam superstar Mohanlal is facing public wrath after featuring in a liquor ad.
New Delhi: Malayalam superstar Mohanlal is facing public wrath after featuring in a liquor ad, which, critics say, promoted alcoholic culture in society.
The Kottayam-based Mahatma Gandhi National Foundation, too, has sent a protest note to the parents, wife and children of Malayalam superstar, asking them to urge him not to appear in advertisements of liquor companies.
PTI quoted Eby J Jose, the chairman of the Foundation, as saying that the letter reminded them that a popular actor should have commitment towards the people.
"Instead of being known as a great actor, he is promoting an alcoholic culture. Mohanlal's decision to appear in a liquor ad will mislead the youth," the foundation said.
The letter sought to know from the actor's family whether they would like to see him in an inebriated condition. "Each family in Kerala faced similar problems," it said.
In the said ad, Mohanlal recently appeared to promote a liquor brand from Karnataka. Liquor ads had been banned in the country under the 1950 Prohibition Act 13 (Section 11) and Mohanlal's appearance in the advertisement was also against law.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere