Lisa Haydon wants to break away from glamourous image
Lisa Haydon had to face a lot of prejudices for being a model.
New Delhi: Model-turned-actress Lisa Haydon says she is tired of being offered good looking roles in films and wants to break away from her glamorous image. Having begun her acting career with 'Aisha', the 26-year-old said she has had to face a lot of prejudices for being a model.
"You suffer a lot of prejudices coming from a modeling background. People really only want to see you look good. I'm so tired of being offered good looking roles. Wish someone would cast me for the dorky, strong headed and de-glam girl I really am," Lisa told PTI.
She has also starred in the David Dhawan film 'Rascals' alongside Ajay Devgn and Sanjay Dutt. Lisa says she has signed another film which would be announced soon.
She is currently hosting the current season of the 'Hunt for the Kingfisher Calendar Girl 2013' on NDTV Good Times alongside Siddharth Mallya.
"I've done television before. I wanted to host/judge this show as it was up my alley in terms of content and what I could offer the show and contestants. I'm still working in films, just attempting to have it all!
Having been a Calender girl herself has helped Lisa get a perspective on the show.
"That experience does give you a good perspective on what to look for in the girls and how to guide them. I understand the pressures of being a model. People take for granted that it is an easy job but it's not," said Lisa.
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Pakistani Artistes Not Terrorists, They Have Visas: Salman Khan
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- US Now has Very Little Influence on Pakistanâs Nuclear Policy: Hoodbhoy
- Adnan Sami Responds To Haters After He Was Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 1st ODI, Sharjah