Lisa Ray chooses Satya Paul sari for her wedding
Actress Lisa Ray has chosen Wendell's gown and Satya Paul sari for her wedding.
New Delhi: Indian-Canadian actress Lisa Ray will wear Wendell Rodricks designed gown for her wedding with banking executive Jason Dehni and will later change into a Satya Paul sari.
"My wedding gown is a present from one of my oldest, dearest friend (Rodricks), and is a perfect embodiment of my spirit in fabric and form. After the ceremony, I will change into a gorgeous, custom-designed Satya Paul sari. I don't want to reveal more, but I am blessed," Ray, a survivor of multiple myeloma, a rare cancer of the bone marrow, told IANS.
The wedding is on Oct 20, and Rodricks said that the couple is leaving from Toronto Thursday for Napa Valley for the wedding.
The designer will miss the celebration because of his work commitment, but said that the gown that he has designed epitomises dream and romance.
"I fitted her out and did the trials two months ago in my studio in our village Colvale, Goa. Lisa stayed with me for three days during which we ensured a perfect fit," Rodricks told IANS.
"I do not want to reveal details about the dress except that it is a dreamy, romantic wedding gown that has touched a chord with Lisa. On her wedding day, we want her to be a radiant bride...This dress is very special for me as it is for a brave friend who deserves every happiness in the world," he added.
Rodricks says he regrets that he won't be there to see her.
"My big regret is that due to two fashion tours that end only on Nov 3, I cannot be at the wedding in California. But my prayers and soul will be with Lisa, who will be not just a beautiful bride but an inspirational icon that will gladden many hearts...especially Jason's," he said.
Lisa will wear a Satya Paul off-white georgette sari highlighted with beige and traditional 'gota patti' work blending with shaded sequins on the border.
The sari is teamed-up with a stylish blouse made of net, also embellished with brocade and 'gotta patti' on the back and sleeves.
Sanjay Kapoor, managing director, Genesis Colors who owns the brand Satya Paul said that Lisa is an icon of femininity, and "has risen above her difficulties with grace. It was natural for the Satya Paul brand to associate with such a strong and beautiful woman."
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special