Lisa Ray to have a traditional wedding on Oct 20
Actress Lisa Ray is all excited about tying the knot with her American fiance Jason Dehni in California.
New Delhi: Actress Lisa Ray, who is all excited about tying the knot with her American fiance Jason Dehni in California, says she is planning her wedding in typical Indian style. The 40-year-old 'Water' star will marry the management executive on October 20 at Napa Valley and will have the reception in India.
"I have never been so happy before in my life. I am nervous and at the same time excited as the wedding is approaching. I am shopping a lot in India. It will be a typical Indian style wedding," Lisa said.
"My fiance and I have planned my reception in India for my friends here though we haven't decided the venue yet," she added. Her wedding gown is being designed by Wendell Rodricks with loads of Indian embellishments in it.
"I was in Goa few days ago for my fitting session with Wendell. He is a dear friend of mine. He told me that he will use some Indian embellishments in it. In my sangeet and mehendi, I will be wearing Indian dresses," said Lisa, who was
in the Capital last night to launch Swiss watch brand Rado's avant-garde collection.
The actress said her fiance loves to learn about Indian culture and films and she is thinking of making him watch Vidya Balan's 'The Dirty Picture'. "I have been feeding him about Indian culture and films. He loves Indian food. He has watched many Hindi films and the latest one on his list is 'Dev D'. I am going to show him 'Dirty Picture' next," she said.
Lisa is now cancer-free after she being diagnosed with multiple myeloma three years ago and said she is enjoying the "second chapter" of life. The Toronto-based actress has signed a couple of movies and will also produce two of them.
"I am enjoying this chapter of my life. I have signed a couple of Bollywood films with young directors. Indian cinema is going through an interesting period. I will also be producing two films and hosting Top Chef Canada," she said.
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Stills: The Trailer is All About Love, Friendship, Heartbreak
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time