Liuzzi outpaces Sutil in first practice
He clocked the eighth fastest time, three places ahead of Force India teammate Adrian Sutil.
Montreal: Vitantonio Liuzzi made the best of his new VJM03 chassis clocking the eighth fastest time, three places ahead of Force India teammate Adrian Sutil, in Friday's first practice session ahead of Sunday's Canadian Grand Prix.
Having suffered grip problems in the recent races, Liuzzi reverted to old chassic and it seemed to have paid off for the Italian who made 25 laps of the circuit and his best of 1m 19.097s placed him ninth on the timesheet.
In contrast, Sutil made just 12 laps and his best of 1:19.373 put him 11th before he headed for the pits.
Hispania driver Karumn Chandhok was 20th in the chart with his best lap of 1:21.9775.
Jenson Button (1:18.127) topped the chart but Mercedes' Michael Schumacher (1:18.285) prevented a McLaren one-two by finishing just ahead of Lewis Hamilton (1:18.352).
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology