Liaqat Shah's bail hearing case adjourned till Apr 25
The court declined to hear the bail plea saying the NIA court has jurisdiction in the case.
New Delhi: The bail hearing of alleged Hizbul Mujahideen operative Liaqat Shah has been adjourned to April 25. Earlier a court in New Delhi had asked the National Investigation Agency (NIA) to present Shah before the agency's court in Patiala House.
The court declined to hear the bail plea saying the NIA court has jurisdiction in the case. Shah was arrested from Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh on the March 20.
The Delhi Police had claimed he was plotting a major suicide attack during Holi in the national capital while the Jammu and Kashmir Police claimed he was on his way to surrender. The case was transferred to the NIA after the Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah intervened.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner