DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Four Indian soldiers beheaded in last 13 years
Sources in the Army Headquarters in New Delhi said first such incident was reported in the year 2000.
New Delhi: Even as the country is angered by the beheading of an Indian soldier by Pakistani troops on the Line of Control, three similar incidents have taken place in the past 13 years in which four army personnel have fallen victim.
Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh on Monday admitted that such incidents have taken place in the past. "Yes, this has happened. We cannot conceal this fact," he said responding to a question of beheading of Indian troops in the past by Pakistani army.
Sources in the Army Headquarters in New Delhi said first such incident was reported in 2000 when one soldier was beheaded. The other incident took place in 2011 when two soldiers fell victim to the inhuman act.
The January 8 incident was the third in the last 13 years when Lance Naik Hemraj was beheaded in the Mendhar sector on the Line of Control. Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh was also killed in the incident.
On honouring the two soldiers, Singh said the recommendation will have to come from lower formations which the Army Headquarters will convey to the Defence Ministry to take a final call.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017