DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Locals to oppose sand mining hearing
SRIKAKULAM: A day ahead of the public hearing on proposed expansion of Trimex Sands Private Limited (TSPL), the locals mobilised b..
SRIKAKULAM: A day ahead of the public hearing on proposed expansion of Trimex Sands Private Limited (TSPL), the locals mobilised by various civil societies have warned their sarpanches not to support TSPL. They also staged a dharna in front of the house of Komaraltada Sarpanch P Potaiah for his support to the company.
About 200 fishermen held discussion with their sarpanches at Komaraltada village under Vajrapukotturu mandal where the public hearing will be held by AP Pollution Control Board. TSPL proposes to expand its mining areas along the coast in Vajrapukotturu and Santabommali mandals of the district.
During the discussion, the locals told the sarpanches not to extend panchayat support to the mining proposal in 4,500 acres along the coast which would affect the existing cashew orchards and livelihood of fishermen.
The leaders of Bhavanapadu Thermal Vyatirekha Porata Samithi of Santabommali G Narasinga Rao and Akasalakkavaram Sarpanch Rami Reddy told Express that about 25 fishermen villages in the mandal have decided not to allow the public hearing. Unless the people are given detailed report on the project, public hearing should not be held.
Recommended For You
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Tubelight: Salman-Starrer Looks Like Innocent Adventure Filled With Belief
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs
- Hardik Pandya Credits Rahul Dravid for His Meteoric Rise