Loki not in 'The Avengers 2'?
Loki is unlikely to return for the action blockbuster's 2015 sequel, according to director Joss Whedon, reported Em
Los Angeles: Actor Tom Hiddleston reportedly will not be reprising his role as Loki in Joss Whedon's 'The Avengers' sequel. The 32-year-old actor, who played villainous Asgardian god Loki in the first film, is unlikely to return for the action blockbuster's 2015 sequel, according to director Joss Whedon, reported Empire magazine.
"Everyone is going to be looking for the Loki-Hulk smash moment and you'll be looking for 'quim'. First of all, imitating what I did before is the surest way to do it not as well. Second of all, Loki's not there to say those terrible things. Although I do think we should bring the word back, not as an insult, it's just a nice word," Whedon said.
Hiddleston's character was first introduced into the Marvel cinematic franchise in 2011's 'Thor', in which he portrays the brother of the titular hero played by Chris Hemsworth.
Loki then went on to become the main villain in last year's superhero team-up movie, which also starred Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man, Chris Evans and Captain America and Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk. Loki will feature in 'Thor' sequel 'Thor: The Dark World' later this year, once again antagonising his heroic brother.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films