Lokpal Bill drafting panel to meet on Saturday
The meeting of the 10-member committee, comprising five ministers and five civil society representatives.
New Delhi: The joint committee for drafting the Lokpal Bill will hold its first meeting in New Delhi on Saturday, government sources said.
The meeting of the 10-member committee, comprising five ministers and five civil society representatives , will begin at 11.30 am sources added.
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee is the chairman of the committee while social reformer Anna Hazare, who went on a 97-hour fast here to demand a stronger Lokpal (ombudsman) Bill to tackle corruption, is the co-chairman.
Law Minister Veerappa Moily, Home Minister P Chidambaram, Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Kapil Sibal and Minority Affairs Minister Salman Khursheed are the other ministerial members.
Besides Hazare, the civil society representatives are former law minister Shanti Bhushan, his son and lawyer Prashant Bhushan, Right To Information activist Arvind Kejriwal and former Supreme Court judge N. Santosh Hegde.
All members of the committee are likely to attend the meeting, sources said.
"The first meeting is likely to be of an introductory nature," Prashant Bhushan told.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology