London 2012 Rhythmic gymnastics: Jones flops
Jones held the last spot, finishing with a total of 94.625.
21-year old Francesca Jones of Great Britain finished at a disappointing 24th place as she missed out on the final of the individual all-round event of Rhythmic gymnastics.
Jones held the last spot, finishing with a total of 94.625 after 23.900 and 21.975 with the ribbon and clubs respectively. She was following on from Friday's hoop (24.200) and ball (24.550) routines.
This was Jones' first Olympics which ended on a disappointing note after she lost control over one of her clubs. "I'm really sorry I just couldn't do it justice," Jones said. "I'm very disappointed. It's such a mistake. You can't control it. There was nothing I could do to control it. I tried my best and I'm so grateful to be here."
On the other hand, Russia qualified holding the top-two positions with Evgeniya Kanaeva and Diara Dmitrieva with the 1st and and 2nd positions respectively. Dmitrieva had a score of 114.525 after final two rotations, clubs and ribbon whereas reigning champion Kanaeva surpassed it for the top spot with 116.00.
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Border Villages in Punjab Back Army Action, Hail PM Modi
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance