DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
London: Woman names baby girl 'Hashtag'
In 2011, an Israeli couple had named their girl after the Facebook 'Like' button.
London: Observe the power of social networking media. One mother, impressed by Twitter, has christened her baby girl 'Hashtag'. However, instead of taking to Twitter, which features the preface, the mother posted the announcement on Facebook, the Daily Mail reported.
While some said the girl will grow up to be the "living embodiment of the degradation of the English language", others simply despaired for the mother, whose last name is Jameson. The caption that accompanied the child's photo read, "Hashtag Jameson was born at 10 o'clock last nite. She weys 8pounds and i luv her so much!(sic)"
In 2011, an Israeli couple named their girl after the Facebook 'Like' button. Gamal Ibrahim of Egypt went even further, and named his baby girl "Facebook" in honour of the website's role in the Arab Spring that led to the ouster of President Hosni Mubarak after 30 years in power.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere