London: Woman names baby girl 'Hashtag'
In 2011, an Israeli couple had named their girl after the Facebook 'Like' button.
London: Observe the power of social networking media. One mother, impressed by Twitter, has christened her baby girl 'Hashtag'. However, instead of taking to Twitter, which features the preface, the mother posted the announcement on Facebook, the Daily Mail reported.
While some said the girl will grow up to be the "living embodiment of the degradation of the English language", others simply despaired for the mother, whose last name is Jameson. The caption that accompanied the child's photo read, "Hashtag Jameson was born at 10 o'clock last nite. She weys 8pounds and i luv her so much!(sic)"
In 2011, an Israeli couple named their girl after the Facebook 'Like' button. Gamal Ibrahim of Egypt went even further, and named his baby girl "Facebook" in honour of the website's role in the Arab Spring that led to the ouster of President Hosni Mubarak after 30 years in power.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology