'Lootera' collects Rs 19 crore in the opening weekend
Vikramaditya Motwane's second film 'Lootera' has managed to collect Rs 19 crore in three days.
New Delhi: Vikramaditya Motwane's debut film 'Udaan' might not have been a commercial hit but was critically acclaimed; however, his second film 'Lootera' is both a success at the box office as well as has got good reviews from the critics. Within three days of its release, 'Lootera' has managed to collect Rs 19 crore at the ticket window.
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted, "#Lootera collected approx Rs 19 cr nett in its opening weekend."
Apart from a good script and great music, 'Lootera' also boasts of some superb performances by its lead cast Sonakshi Sinha and Ranveer Singh. And, the chemistry between the two has worked wonders for the film.
While the film collected only Rs 5.15 on its opening day but the business escalated on Saturday and Sunday.
"#Lootera shows upward trend on Sat and Sun. Sat biz was 25% to 35% up from Fri. Sunday biz strong too. Word of mouth very good," added Adarsh.
Based on O Henry's 'The Last Leaf', 'Lootera' also stars Adil Hussain, Arif Zakaria and Vikrant Massey.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Premier League Champions Leicester City Sack Manager Claudio Ranieri
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology