'Lootera' collects Rs 19 crore in the opening weekend
Vikramaditya Motwane's second film 'Lootera' has managed to collect Rs 19 crore in three days.
New Delhi: Vikramaditya Motwane's debut film 'Udaan' might not have been a commercial hit but was critically acclaimed; however, his second film 'Lootera' is both a success at the box office as well as has got good reviews from the critics. Within three days of its release, 'Lootera' has managed to collect Rs 19 crore at the ticket window.
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted, "#Lootera collected approx Rs 19 cr nett in its opening weekend."
Apart from a good script and great music, 'Lootera' also boasts of some superb performances by its lead cast Sonakshi Sinha and Ranveer Singh. And, the chemistry between the two has worked wonders for the film.
While the film collected only Rs 5.15 on its opening day but the business escalated on Saturday and Sunday.
"#Lootera shows upward trend on Sat and Sun. Sat biz was 25% to 35% up from Fri. Sunday biz strong too. Word of mouth very good," added Adarsh.
Based on O Henry's 'The Last Leaf', 'Lootera' also stars Adil Hussain, Arif Zakaria and Vikrant Massey.
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration