Lootera: We had lot of problems in getting the film made, says Motwane
Vikramaditya Motwane is set for the release of his second directorial venture 'Lootera'.
Mumbai: Vikramaditya Motwane, who is set for the release of his second directorial venture 'Lootera", says he had a hard time shooting for the film.
Motwane earlier directed critically acclaimed film 'Udaan'.
After shooting for the first schedule of 'Lootera' in Mumbai, the cast and crew of the film moved to Dalhousie hill-station in Himachal Pradesh and the set was erected there which got razed to ground due to heavy snow.
"The journey of 'Lootera' has been very difficult. We had a lot of problems in terms of getting the film made," said the 36-year-old director Saturday during celebrations for 100 years of Indian cinema at Whistling Woods Institute here.
Sonakshi Sinha and Ranveer Singh play the lead role in the film.
"We had to visit Dalhousie three-four times, there was snow fall ranging from 9-10 ft. Ranveer(Singh) got injured. There were a lot of problems," added the director.
The promos of the period romance film, set in the 1950s, are getting rave reviews. Motwane, however, feels that a film's destiny is only decided on the Friday on which it releases.
"The battle is yet to start. People will come and watch the film but if the audience who would watch the film on Friday will not like it, then there will no crowd on the weekend.
'Lootera' is inspired by American author O. Henry's short story "The Last Leaf" and is slated to release July 5.
- Gold Takes Gains Forward, Up Rs 232 on Global Cues
- Gold Hits Over 3-Month Low On Global Cues, Muted Demand
- At paltry Rs 150 crore, gold bonds scheme fails to glitter
- PM's Diwali gifts: How to secure your gold through Centre's gold coin, monetisation and bond schemes
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Celebrate Diwali With Pious And Not With Noise
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- Hosting a Card Party This Diwali? 5 Easy Snack Ideas to Make Your Preparations Easier