DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Lottery issue: Kerala CM writes to Manmohan
KOCHI: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Thursday said he had written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, to expedite CBI probe..
KOCHI: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Thursday said he had written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, to expedite CBI probe into the large-scale irregularities in the functioning of other state lotteries in the state.
The state was also keen that the probe includes the recent fire at the Palakkad office of Megha Distributors, one of the operators of Bhutan lotteries, which had destroyed several documents, Chandy told reporters here.
The previous CPI(M)-led LDF government led by V S Achuthanandan had demanded a CBI probe.
The matter had also come up in the Kerala High court with Congress MLA V D Sateeshan and another petitioner seeking CBI probe.
The PILs had been closed by the court after recording the submission of Solicitor General of India, Gopal Subramaniam that the former Chief Minister's request for CBI probe will be acted upon by the central government.
Recommended For You
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet