Lottery issue: Kerala CM writes to Manmohan
KOCHI: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Thursday said he had written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, to expedite CBI probe..
KOCHI: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Thursday said he had written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, to expedite CBI probe into the large-scale irregularities in the functioning of other state lotteries in the state.
The state was also keen that the probe includes the recent fire at the Palakkad office of Megha Distributors, one of the operators of Bhutan lotteries, which had destroyed several documents, Chandy told reporters here.
The previous CPI(M)-led LDF government led by V S Achuthanandan had demanded a CBI probe.
The matter had also come up in the Kerala High court with Congress MLA V D Sateeshan and another petitioner seeking CBI probe.
The PILs had been closed by the court after recording the submission of Solicitor General of India, Gopal Subramaniam that the former Chief Minister's request for CBI probe will be acted upon by the central government.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology