DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Lotus says Raikkonen back surgery successful
The former world champion opted to have the surgery instead of driving the last two races of the year.
Austin: Formula One team Lotus says driver Kimi Raikkonen had successful back surgery and is recovering.
The former world champion opted to have the surgery instead of driving the last two races of the year, the US Grand Prix this weekend and the season finale in Brazil. Lotus brought in veteran driver Heikke Kovalainen to finish the season.
A statement from Lotus said Raikkonen had surgery at the University Hospital of Strasbourg and will rest for a few days.
Raikkonen is leaving Lotus to join Ferrari in 2014.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand