Lotus says Raikkonen back surgery successful
The former world champion opted to have the surgery instead of driving the last two races of the year.
Austin: Formula One team Lotus says driver Kimi Raikkonen had successful back surgery and is recovering.
The former world champion opted to have the surgery instead of driving the last two races of the year, the US Grand Prix this weekend and the season finale in Brazil. Lotus brought in veteran driver Heikke Kovalainen to finish the season.
A statement from Lotus said Raikkonen had surgery at the University Hospital of Strasbourg and will rest for a few days.
Raikkonen is leaving Lotus to join Ferrari in 2014.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Veteran Pitch Curator Daljit Singh Under Scanner After Second ICC Poor Rating
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Shekhar Suman Takes a Dig at Kangana Ranaut, Twitteratis Shut Him up Perfectly
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands