LTTE claims Colombo air raids were suicide attacks
LTTE says its 'Black Air Tiger suicide squad carried out the air raids.
Colombo: The Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) on Saturday said the air strikes carried out by it over Sri Lankan capital Colombo killing two people and injuring 54 others were suicide attacks by its elite 'Black Air Tiger' squad.
The LTTE said two men from the "Black Air Tiger" suicide squad piloted the two light aircraft that carried out the attack on Friday night.
"The aircrafts dived into Sri Lanka Air Force (SLAF) Headquarters in Colombo and into the SLAF base at Katunayaka at around 0915 PM (local time) on Friday night carrying out successful air raids," pro-LTTE website TamilNet.com reported.
However, the Government had on Friday night said it shot down one aircraft and the second one was disabled by the anti air gunfire.
It also said the pilot of one aircraft was killed.
TamilNet.com also published a photograph of the two suicide pilots together with Tamil Tigers supremo Velupillai Prabhakaran said to have been taken shortly before they set off on the suicide mission.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It