Lucknow: Stepfather rapes 20-year-old girl for months
After the girl's mother registered a complaint against him, the accused was arrested by police.
Lucknow: A 20-year-old girl was allegedly raped repeatedly by her stepfather for several months in the Mall area in Lucknow, police said on Sunday. The accused had threatened the girl with dire consequences if she told anyone about the matter and raped her several times over the past four to five months, police said.
The girl's mother, also the wife of the accused, registered a complaint with the police, following which he was arrested on Saturday, they said.
The victim's mother had married the accused after her first marriage had broken up. She had two daughters from her first husband, police said. The matter is being probed, they said.
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Triple Talaq Seriously Affecting Freedom, Rights of Women, Says BJP's Tamil Nadu Unit
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills