Luizinho Falerio to head Congress screening committee in Karnataka
BJP suffered a crushing defeat in the recent urban body polls in Karnataka with Congress making a spectacular performance.
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Luizinho Falerio has been appointed the Chairman of the party's Screening Committee for poll-bound Karnataka, where assembly elections are due in 2013. Union Minister Jitender Singh and AICC general secretary in-charge for the state Madhusudan Mistri are other members of the five-member Committee.
Others include Karnataka PCC chief G Parmeshwar and CLP leader Siddaramaiah. Elections for 224 assembly seats of Karnataka are due in May 2013. Congress is hoping for a revival of its fortune in the BJP-ruled state, which was the first Southern state, where the BJP formed its government.
BJP, is however, in a disarray after former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa parted ways from it and formed a separate party. BJP suffered a crushing defeat in the recent urban body polls in Karnataka with Congress making a spectacular performance.
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about the 2-day BRICS Summit
- Deserve Another Shot at International Cricket, Says Saeed Ajmal
- Whenever We Planned To Play India, Something Happens: PCB
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan