Luizinho Falerio to head Congress screening committee in Karnataka
BJP suffered a crushing defeat in the recent urban body polls in Karnataka with Congress making a spectacular performance.
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Luizinho Falerio has been appointed the Chairman of the party's Screening Committee for poll-bound Karnataka, where assembly elections are due in 2013. Union Minister Jitender Singh and AICC general secretary in-charge for the state Madhusudan Mistri are other members of the five-member Committee.
Others include Karnataka PCC chief G Parmeshwar and CLP leader Siddaramaiah. Elections for 224 assembly seats of Karnataka are due in May 2013. Congress is hoping for a revival of its fortune in the BJP-ruled state, which was the first Southern state, where the BJP formed its government.
BJP, is however, in a disarray after former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa parted ways from it and formed a separate party. BJP suffered a crushing defeat in the recent urban body polls in Karnataka with Congress making a spectacular performance.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone