DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Luizinho Falerio to head Congress screening committee in Karnataka
BJP suffered a crushing defeat in the recent urban body polls in Karnataka with Congress making a spectacular performance.
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Luizinho Falerio has been appointed the Chairman of the party's Screening Committee for poll-bound Karnataka, where assembly elections are due in 2013. Union Minister Jitender Singh and AICC general secretary in-charge for the state Madhusudan Mistri are other members of the five-member Committee.
Others include Karnataka PCC chief G Parmeshwar and CLP leader Siddaramaiah. Elections for 224 assembly seats of Karnataka are due in May 2013. Congress is hoping for a revival of its fortune in the BJP-ruled state, which was the first Southern state, where the BJP formed its government.
BJP, is however, in a disarray after former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa parted ways from it and formed a separate party. BJP suffered a crushing defeat in the recent urban body polls in Karnataka with Congress making a spectacular performance.
Recommended For You
- Dangal All Set To Beat Baahubali 2 At The Box Office, Earns 1523 Cr Worldwide
- Sonam Kapoor Takes The Plunge In A Dreamy Gold Gown On Cannes Red Carpet
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Pro Kabaddi League Auction: Nitin Tomar Becomes Highest Paid Player
- An Opportunity For Manchester United To Provide Healing Touch to Their City