Luke Pomersbach claims innocence, blames victim
Royal Challengers Bangalore player Luke Pomersbach on Saturday appeared before a Delhi court in connection with the molestation case.
New Delhi: Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) player Luke Pomersbach on Saturday appeared before court in connection with the molestation case. However, before entering the court, Luke spoke to mediapersons gathered outside and claimed innocence in the case, calling the charges against him a conspiracy.
"I am innocent. It's a conspiracy... The girl is seeking attention.. That's why she is doing this," he said.
Luke's father, George Pomersbach, too said on Saturday that his son had claimed innocence in the case.
George, who spoke to Luke by phone, said that he told him he was involved in a fracas with the woman's fiance and two of the man's friends at the ITC Maurya Hotel.
"My son did not believe there were any other witnesses to the incident," he said, adding that his team should support him during the trial. "I am concerned the RCB are wiping their hands clean," he added.
The Delhi Police have, meanwhile, submitted in court a medical report regarding the nature of injury caused to the woman and her fiance, and the details of the CCTV images from the hotel.
The police said that the CCTV footage showed three men and a woman entering a room. Later, two men can be seen standing outside the room and Luke is reportedly one of them.
After going out of the victim's suite, Luke is allegedly seen returning a second time, at around 5:15-5:30 pm.
The victim, during the hearing, did not deny the fact that Luke went in to her room. She claimed that he was invited.
The court order on Luke's bail plea is expected at 4 pm.
Meanwhile, the alleged victim also sent a legal notice to RCB team director Sidhartha Mallya on Saturday for making offensive comments about her on Twitter. She lodged a formal complaint with the Delhi Commission for Women on Saturday.
Mallya had on Friday tweeted against the alleged victim, questioning her character. "The girl who is accusing Luke of hitting her fiance was all over me last night. If he was her fiance, she wasn't exactly behaving like a future wife," he wrote. He went on to add, "What this girl is doing is idiotic."
The victim has demanded an apology from Mallya. She said, "I am very hurt and disappointed... It is a false statement. I did meet Sidhartha Mallya. Sahil was invited to the IPL party and I was with him."
Meanwhile, the victim's fiance is recuperating at Delhi's Primus hospital. The doctors say he is stable. "Sahil is stable. His wound near the ear is healing. There is a slight problem in hearing due to swelling. We are also waiting for CT scan results before we shift him out of the ICU," said Dr Baluja, who has been attending to him.
A team of the Delhi Police reached the hospital earlier on Saturday to record his statement.
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Schizophrenia Can't be Ground for Halting Death Penalty, Says Pakistan SC Citing Indian Judgment
- 2nd Test: Fit-Again Younis Khan Leads Pakistan's Charge Against WI
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- BSF Says 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist Killed in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18