M.F. Husain revives 'Mughal E Azam'
The painter recreated the movie's fabulous scenes in a series of exquisite paintings
Mumbai: Noted painter M.F. Husain has paid his personal tribute to K. Asif's epic film Mughal-E-Azam by recreating the movie's fabulous scenes in a series of exquisite paintings.
"I love India. I loved the film and really wanted to show the grandeur and the power the film shows," Hussain said in a 22-minute documentary on K. Asif's timeless classic.
Superstar Shah Rukh Khan presented the documentary made by his production house, Red Chillies Entertainment, at JW Marriot hotel on Thursday night.
The documentary shows how the film was transformed from black and white to colour and preserved for future generations.
The documentary was an initiative by K. Asif's son, Akbar Asif, to keep the cinematic treasure alive. Along with Sharoopji Mistry, he had released the coloured version of the epic film in 2006.
Shah Rukh said: "There are lots of such classics in the archive. But being stacked for a long time, the prints and negatives of those timeless films are decaying."
"My motive of making this documentary is that lets all come together and spend some money to revive or preserve these films."
Veteran actor Dilip Kumar, who played the role of Salim in the film, is the only actor alive among the whole cast and he would be shown the documentary, said Shah Rukh.
"I have to go and show him the documentary. He would love to see it," he said.
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Samsung Galaxy On8 with Android M, 3GB RAM Launched at Rs 15,900
- Some of Lodha Recommendations Are Too Much: Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Catches Fire in an Indigo Flight
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World