Madhavan-Kangana to unite again for 'Tanu Weds Manu' sequel
R Madhavan and Kangana Ranaut, the lead pair of 'Tanu Weds Manu', are all set to take the romantic comedy ahead.
Mumbai: Actors R Madhavan and Kangana Ranaut, the lead pair of 'Tanu Weds Manu', are all set to take the hit romantic comedy ahead in its sequel, to be helmed by Aanand L Rai.
The 2011 film was the love story of an NRI and a feisty girl (Kangana) from Uttar Pradesh, who does not believe in arrange marriages and wants to settle down with her lover Jimmy Shergill but later falls for Madhavan's quiet charms.
Now Rai is working on the sequel. There were rumours of Imran Khan and Anushka Sharma doing the film, but the filmmaker denies it and confirms the presence of the original lead actors in the second instalment.
"There is a sequel, its in the system...the plan is still on. I don't know when it will go on floors. If its happening it will happen with same star cast -- Madhavan and Kangana will go ahead with the franchise. The film is incomplete without them," Rai told reporters here last night.
He also made it clear that there is no scope of a sequel to recent romantic-drama 'Ranjhaana' that had Dhanush and Sonam Kapoor in the lead. "For me the film is over. I don't think I can make a sequel to it now... whatever we wanted to tell we have told it all," he said.
Rai is busy working on his next but he refuses to talk about it.
- Official Emblem for U-17 Football World Cup Launched
- Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh Clear Fitness Test in NCA
- BCCI Has Been Unfair to Pakistan, Says Mudassar Nazar
- Pakistani Comedian's Take On Why India-Pakistan Should Not Go To War Is A Must Read
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate