Madhuri Dixit turns gangster for 'Gulab Gang'
After 'Ra.One', director Anubhav Sinha is excited to work with Madhuri Dixit in his production venture Gulab Gang.
New Delhi: After 'Ra.One', director Anubhav Sinha is excited to work with Madhuri Dixit in his debut production 'Gulab Gang'. The film will see the 'Dhak Dhak' girl playing a gangster for the first time in her movie career. It is the second film after 'Dedh Ishqiya' that Madhuri has signed after relocating to India from the US.
"It was not a sudden development though. I have been in touch with Madhuri for two-three months now and from the very first meeting, I could see that there was a very strong desire in her to do the film. After she returned from the US and
announced her decision to make Mumbai as her base, our talks took concrete shape. Today as things have worked out really well, Madhuri is very excited to get going," Sinha told PTI.
Set in the heartland of India, 'Gulab Gang' would feature Madhuri as the central protagonist and is set in a gritty terrain. "I was with Soumik Sen in Banaras to write another film and we were on this boat in Ganges. It was a beautiful atmosphere and he started telling me a story he had written. I really loved it and felt that it was fantastic. When he expressed his desire to direct it, I was all for it. On my return to Mumbai, I met up Madhuri and she agreed," said Sinha, who started his career as a director with 'Tum Bin'.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Edges Closer to Chinese Super League
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology