Madhya Pradesh: Man arrested for raping daughter
According to the rape survivor, Uike committed the act after threatening to kill her if she resisted his advances.
Jabalpur: A 40-year-old man was on Wednesday arrested for allegedly raping his minor daughter at their house, police said. "The accused identified as Dashailal Uike sexually assaulted his 15-year-old daughter at his house in Badhaiyakhedi village on Monday when she was sleeping alone in her room, while her mother and sister in another room", said Bargi police station in-charge Purshottam Pandey.
Uike was arrested after the girl and her mother lodged a complaint against him on Tuesday under section 376 (rape) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). "Medical examination of the victim confirmed rape", said investigating officer Sushmita Niyogi.
According to the rape survivor, Uike committed the act after threatening to kill her if she resisted his advances. "Uike initially tried to mislead the police saying he mistook his daughter for his wife as he was under the influence of alcohol", police added.
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Pakistani Artistes Are Not Terrorists, They Have Visas, Says Salman Khan
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes