Madhya Pradesh: Man arrested for raping daughter
According to the rape survivor, Uike committed the act after threatening to kill her if she resisted his advances.
Jabalpur: A 40-year-old man was on Wednesday arrested for allegedly raping his minor daughter at their house, police said. "The accused identified as Dashailal Uike sexually assaulted his 15-year-old daughter at his house in Badhaiyakhedi village on Monday when she was sleeping alone in her room, while her mother and sister in another room", said Bargi police station in-charge Purshottam Pandey.
Uike was arrested after the girl and her mother lodged a complaint against him on Tuesday under section 376 (rape) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). "Medical examination of the victim confirmed rape", said investigating officer Sushmita Niyogi.
According to the rape survivor, Uike committed the act after threatening to kill her if she resisted his advances. "Uike initially tried to mislead the police saying he mistook his daughter for his wife as he was under the influence of alcohol", police added.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka