Madhya Pradesh: Man arrested for raping daughter
According to the rape survivor, Uike committed the act after threatening to kill her if she resisted his advances.
Jabalpur: A 40-year-old man was on Wednesday arrested for allegedly raping his minor daughter at their house, police said. "The accused identified as Dashailal Uike sexually assaulted his 15-year-old daughter at his house in Badhaiyakhedi village on Monday when she was sleeping alone in her room, while her mother and sister in another room", said Bargi police station in-charge Purshottam Pandey.
Uike was arrested after the girl and her mother lodged a complaint against him on Tuesday under section 376 (rape) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). "Medical examination of the victim confirmed rape", said investigating officer Sushmita Niyogi.
According to the rape survivor, Uike committed the act after threatening to kill her if she resisted his advances. "Uike initially tried to mislead the police saying he mistook his daughter for his wife as he was under the influence of alcohol", police added.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner