Madhya Pradesh: Minor found raped and murdered
Ramesh, a distant relative of the victim, has emerged as the suspect as he has been missing since Saturday when the incident occurred.
Khargone/Barwah: A seven-year-old girl was found raped and murdered in Madhya Pradesh with police suspecting the involvement of an uncle of hers in the crime. "The body of the girl was fished out today from Veda river near here", Khargone SP RP Singh told reporters.
Police said Ramesh (27), the distant uncle of the victim, has emerged as the suspect as he has been missing since Saturday when the incident occurred. According to the police, the accused allegedly lured the minor to the river under some pretext and raped her before drowning her in the river.
The victim's father alleged in his complaint that his cousin Ramesh was seen with his daughter last night and is missing since then. Police said the post-mortem report of the girl has confirmed rape and death due to drowning. A hunt has been launched to trace Ramesh who is absconding, they said.
Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee president Kantilal Bhuria has expressed shock over the incident and demanded immediate arrest of the accused. Bhuria has formed a two-member committee, including Khargone district Congress president Jhooma Solanki and local spokesperson Ravi Naik, on the incident and asked them to submit a report.
- India Launched Surgical Strikes Across LoC, Heavy Casualties Inflicted: DGMO
- Four Member Countries Boycott SAARC Summit In Islamabad
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- PM To Review Pakistan's Most Favoured Nation Status Today
- Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series At Eden, Regain No.1 Spot
- Not Easy for Off-Colour Martin Guptill to be Aggressive in Subcontinent: Anil Kumble
- Cricket Association of Bengal Installs Bell at Eden Gardens Ahead of Second Test
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials