WB: Damayanti Sen to investigate Madhyamgram rape and murder case
The court directed that Sen should be free from pressure from all quarters while conducting this investigation.
Kolkata: The Calcutta High Court entrusted West Bengal DIG CID Damayanti Sen with the task of investigating the entire episode of the Madhyamgram gangrape and alleged murder case.
Sen has to choose her own team for this purpose and has to submit the report directly to the court and it will monitor the investigation at every stage.
The court directed that Sen should be free from pressure from all quarters while conducting this investigation to ensure that the probe is fair and impartial.
Relatives of the victim filed a writ petition seeking CBI inquiry into the crime and alleged that the state police conducted a shoddy investigation and failed to provide security to the victim and her family.
Sen cracked the high profile Park Street gangrape case during her stint as DC, DD of the Kolkata Police despite Mamata Banerjee calling the rape allegation an attempt to malign her government. Sen was transferred out of Kolkata Police soon after.
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against Terrorist Outfits
- Indian Army's Surgical Strike Across LoC Was Carefully Measured: Experts
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Cauvery Water Row: Centre Fails to Broker Deal Between Karnataka, TN
- Rahul Gandhi Flays RSS, Accuses it of Trying to 'Divide India'
- Defamation Case: Rahul Gandhi Makes his Appearance in Assam Court
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday