DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
WB: Damayanti Sen to investigate Madhyamgram rape and murder case
The court directed that Sen should be free from pressure from all quarters while conducting this investigation.
Kolkata: The Calcutta High Court entrusted West Bengal DIG CID Damayanti Sen with the task of investigating the entire episode of the Madhyamgram gangrape and alleged murder case.
Sen has to choose her own team for this purpose and has to submit the report directly to the court and it will monitor the investigation at every stage.
The court directed that Sen should be free from pressure from all quarters while conducting this investigation to ensure that the probe is fair and impartial.
Relatives of the victim filed a writ petition seeking CBI inquiry into the crime and alleged that the state police conducted a shoddy investigation and failed to provide security to the victim and her family.
Sen cracked the high profile Park Street gangrape case during her stint as DC, DD of the Kolkata Police despite Mamata Banerjee calling the rape allegation an attempt to malign her government. Sen was transferred out of Kolkata Police soon after.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh