WB: Damayanti Sen to investigate Madhyamgram rape and murder case
The court directed that Sen should be free from pressure from all quarters while conducting this investigation.
Kolkata: The Calcutta High Court entrusted West Bengal DIG CID Damayanti Sen with the task of investigating the entire episode of the Madhyamgram gangrape and alleged murder case.
Sen has to choose her own team for this purpose and has to submit the report directly to the court and it will monitor the investigation at every stage.
The court directed that Sen should be free from pressure from all quarters while conducting this investigation to ensure that the probe is fair and impartial.
Relatives of the victim filed a writ petition seeking CBI inquiry into the crime and alleged that the state police conducted a shoddy investigation and failed to provide security to the victim and her family.
Sen cracked the high profile Park Street gangrape case during her stint as DC, DD of the Kolkata Police despite Mamata Banerjee calling the rape allegation an attempt to malign her government. Sen was transferred out of Kolkata Police soon after.
Recommended For You
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology