Madurai: 58 members of 'Tamil Nadu Thevar Peravai' arrested
The members, who held a demonstration earlier, tried to march towards the airport when they were arrested, police said.
Madurai: Over 50 members of the 'Tamil Nadu Thevar Peravai' were on Sunday arrested for attempting to picket the Madurai airport, police said. They were demanding that the airport be named after freedom fighter Pasumpon Muthuramalinga Thevar.
Fifty-eight members, who held a demonstration earlier, tried to march towards the airport when they were arrested, police said. The Peravai is an organisation working for the cause of the Thevar (caste Hindu) community.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Big Player Battles to Watch Out for
- Poll: Which Is the Best Vishal Bhardwaj Film Till Date?
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Comedian Bharti Singh All Set to Tie the Knot by the End of 2017
- Ross Taylor Achieves Milestone ODI Century