Maha: 2 arrested for trying to molest kabaddi champion
In a separate incident, a girl from tribal-dominated Wada tehsil in Thane district beat up a biker when he tried to harass her.
Thane: In a courageous act, a national-level kabaddi champion got two men arrested when they tried to molest her, police said on Thursday. The incident took place at Satis skywalk on Tuesday night when Harshala More and her friends were returning after daily practice when the duo passed lewd comments at them, they said. The duo were identified as Ramesh Thorat (24) and Pritesh Gharat (26).
Unfazed, Harshala managed to catch hold of Thorat and handed him over to policemen on duty near Thane railway station while Gharat fled the spot. He was later arrested. While Thorat is from Ulhasnagar, Gharat comes from suburban Chembur, police said. Harshala is the daughter of Shiv Sena leader Raghunath More.
In a separate incident, a teenage girl from tribal-dominated Wada tehsil in the district beat up a biker when he tried to harass her, on the Ambadi Road. Police said the teenager, trained in martial arts, rained punches on the man who fled the spot.
- Cauvery Row: Karnataka Firm, Calls Legislature Session to Decide on SC Order
- Watch: Ground Reports From India-Pakistan Border
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- Honest Officers Being Removed Systematically: Kejriwal
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story