DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Maha: 2 arrested for trying to molest kabaddi champion
In a separate incident, a girl from tribal-dominated Wada tehsil in Thane district beat up a biker when he tried to harass her.
Thane: In a courageous act, a national-level kabaddi champion got two men arrested when they tried to molest her, police said on Thursday. The incident took place at Satis skywalk on Tuesday night when Harshala More and her friends were returning after daily practice when the duo passed lewd comments at them, they said. The duo were identified as Ramesh Thorat (24) and Pritesh Gharat (26).
Unfazed, Harshala managed to catch hold of Thorat and handed him over to policemen on duty near Thane railway station while Gharat fled the spot. He was later arrested. While Thorat is from Ulhasnagar, Gharat comes from suburban Chembur, police said. Harshala is the daughter of Shiv Sena leader Raghunath More.
In a separate incident, a teenage girl from tribal-dominated Wada tehsil in the district beat up a biker when he tried to harass her, on the Ambadi Road. Police said the teenager, trained in martial arts, rained punches on the man who fled the spot.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere