DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Maha Govt may shift Kasab to another jail
Post Bombay HC verdict, Maha Govt is mulling shifting Kasab from Arthur Jail to another jail.
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government will soon take a decision on whether to shift Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab from Arthur jail to some other prison after his death sentence was upheld by the Bombay High Court on Monday.
"We have not yet decided over shifting Kasab to some other jail. I will soon discuss the issue with officials of the Home Department," Home Minister RR Patil said on Monday.
"Kasab is provided high security at the Arthur Road jail. Proper arrangements would have to be in place prior to his shifting," an official from the Home Department said.
Earlier, a proposal of shifting Kasab to Yerwada jail in Pune was under consideration. But since his case was pending before High Court, no final decision was taken on the proposal.
The Pakistani gunman is lodged in solitary confinement in an egg-shaped cell at the high security Arthur Road jail in the central part of city.
Only the under trials are kept in Arthur Road jails.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO