Maha Kumbh: Saints express condolences over stampede
On Basant Panchami on Friday the Nirmohi and Atal Akhara were the first to take the Shahi Snan in the morning.
Allahabad: After the tragic railway station stampede helicopters are being used to monitor the crowd at the Maha Kumbh Mela in Allahabad. The religious akharas have decided that they would not play the drums during the Shahi Snan to express their condolence over the tragedy.
Security has been put on high alert at Allahabad after the stampede. On Basant Panchami on Friday the Nirmohi and Atal Akhara were the first to take the Shahi Snan in the morning. Niranjani Akhara went for the dip at 7.05 am while Juna Akhara did so at 8 am. They were followed by Nirmohi Akhara at 10.40 am, Digambar Akhara at 11.20 am, Nirvani Akhara 12.20 pm, Naya Panchayati Akhara 1.15 pm, Bada Panchayati Akhara at 2.20 pm, and Nirmal Akhara at 3.40 pm.
Meanwhile, a fire at the Maha Kumbh Mela on Friday left one dead and injured five others, hours before pilgrims gathered for the last Shahi Snan on Basant Panchami on Friday, just five days after the Allahabad railway station stampede. The fire which started as a result of a short circuit has been doused.
Around 31 special trains and 1500 additional buses are plying to manage the huge number of people gathering at Allahabad.
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- Pakistan's Bermuda Triangle
- PM Modi Appreciates Those Revealing Undisclosed Income
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- SRK Turns Into a DJ for Radio Show and His First Mix Will Leave You in Splits