Maharashtra: 2 commandos injured in an encounter with Maoists
Police said the injured troopers were admitted in a hospital at Nagpur and are said to be out of danger.
Gondia: Two commandos were injured in an encounter with Maoists in forest area near Marartola village of the east Maharashtra district, police said on Monday.
According to police, the exchange of fire occurred after the C-60 squad swooped on the naxals holding a secret meeting near Marartola nullah on Sunday night. In the firing two C-60 commandos were injured, they said.
The injured troopers, identified as Sanjay Katre and Ramesh Ukey, were admitted in a hospital at Nagpur and are said to be out of danger, they said.
"We suspect that at least six ultras were also injured and one of them might have been killed in the gun battle that took place last night," DSP Dilip Zalke said on Monday.
Zalke said a search operation was launched after the incident.
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Government Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Chairs All-Party Meet, Gowda Sits on Dharna
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute