Maharashtra: 2 commandos injured in an encounter with Maoists
Police said the injured troopers were admitted in a hospital at Nagpur and are said to be out of danger.
Gondia: Two commandos were injured in an encounter with Maoists in forest area near Marartola village of the east Maharashtra district, police said on Monday.
According to police, the exchange of fire occurred after the C-60 squad swooped on the naxals holding a secret meeting near Marartola nullah on Sunday night. In the firing two C-60 commandos were injured, they said.
The injured troopers, identified as Sanjay Katre and Ramesh Ukey, were admitted in a hospital at Nagpur and are said to be out of danger, they said.
"We suspect that at least six ultras were also injured and one of them might have been killed in the gun battle that took place last night," DSP Dilip Zalke said on Monday.
Zalke said a search operation was launched after the incident.
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Akhilesh Targeted By Stepmother, Black Magic Used: SP MLC
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- MNS Defiant Despite Rajnath's Assurance to Bollywood: Time to Arrest Raj Thackeray?