Maharashtra: 2 commandos injured in an encounter with Maoists
Police said the injured troopers were admitted in a hospital at Nagpur and are said to be out of danger.
Gondia: Two commandos were injured in an encounter with Maoists in forest area near Marartola village of the east Maharashtra district, police said on Monday.
According to police, the exchange of fire occurred after the C-60 squad swooped on the naxals holding a secret meeting near Marartola nullah on Sunday night. In the firing two C-60 commandos were injured, they said.
The injured troopers, identified as Sanjay Katre and Ramesh Ukey, were admitted in a hospital at Nagpur and are said to be out of danger, they said.
"We suspect that at least six ultras were also injured and one of them might have been killed in the gun battle that took place last night," DSP Dilip Zalke said on Monday.
Zalke said a search operation was launched after the incident.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- HIL 2017 Live Updates: Dabang Mumbai vs Delhi Waveriders, Semi-final
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology