Maharashtra: After drought, farmers complain of poor seed quality
The farmers had hoped that they would be able to sow crops after the monsoon but that is not yet the case.
Mumbai: There is no end to the problems facing Maharashtra farmers. Already facing drought, the farmers had hoped that they would be able to sow crops after the monsoon but that is not yet the case. They allege that have not been able to sow new crops as the Maharashtra government has supplied them inferior quality seeds.
As soon as monsoon hit Sholapur in Maharashtra, the farmers of the area started their agricultural activities with renewed hope. However, they were soon disappointed.
The farmers complain that Maharashtra government had supplied then seeds of extremely poor quality. Some farmers in Sholapur say that the black lentil seeds are infested with worms.
They allege that authorities have taken no action despite several complaints. The officers admitted to supplying poor quality seeds after the matter was highlighted by the media.
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Karisma Kapoor, Sandeep Toshniwal Join Kareena-Saif, Sara, Ranbir for a Gala Night
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)